This exam takes about 30 minutes, depending on your age and health status, and is performed in order to obtain a general idea of your overall health, and to determine whether you may have any major underlying health concerns.
The CIC may require you to undergo an IME if you fall into one of these groups:
- Temporary Residency over six months
- Permanent Residency
- Student Visa
- Worker Visa
- Visitor Visa.
Our doctors are specially certified to perform these exams. Please note, however, that all decisions regarding your status are made by the CIC. You will be contacted in writing if your medical review reveals an issue.
Please be sure to bring the following to your immigration health examination:
- Your CIC medical report form
- Valid photo identification
- Any medication you are currently taking.
- Glasses or contact lenses, if applicable.
- Medical reports, test results, or a list of any medical conditions that require treatment from a medical specialist.
All costs relating to the medical examination are payable on-site. If your request is refused after the medical examination, you will not be reimbursed for any fees incurred.