Your doctor may prescribe an echocardiogram (commonly referred to as a cardiac ultrasound) to diagnose a suspected heart condition or to monitor existing issues.
At ELNA, private echocardiogram tests are available without the wait and designed to provide the most accurate diagnosis.
Painless and non-invasive, an echocardiogram is one of the most commonly performed examination by cardiologists, used to assess the heart’s function, valves and chambers, as well as the pericardium (the membrane surrounding the heart).
An Echocardiogram may be required to monitor any of the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Heart murmurs
- Chest pain
- Syncope (sudden, brief loss of consciousness)
- Pericarditis or endocarditis
- Heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias)
- Family history of heart disease
- Post pulmonary embolism to assess for pulmonary hypertension
- Significant ECG abnormalities
Premier Technology and Expertise
Unique in its high expertise, our team of cardiologists work with the latest imaging technology to provide you with a reliable, accurate diagnosis. Our imaging equipment is cardiac specific, using state-of-the-art 3D and 4D imaging technology.
With Experts from Start to Finish
The ELNA team is comprised of:
- experienced cardiologists with Level-3 training in cardiac imaging who are affiliated with renowned institutions, including McGill University and leading hospitals.
- specialized cardiovascular technicians, responsible of conducting your test.
The images and results are sent out in a detailed and complete report the next business day to your referring physician.
If your test results reveal an issue or a potential concern and you do not have a cardiologist, ELNA Cardiology can provide you with consultations with one of our specialists.